California privacy rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) gives California residents certain rights described below with respect to their personal information. This section of the policy includes disclosures required under CCPA for California residents.
Please note that CCPA rights do not apply to personal information of our individual investor customers subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (a federal privacy law that applies to financial institutions).
Your Right to Request Disclosure of Information We Collect and Share About You - We are committed to ensuring that you know what personal information we collect. To that end, you can ask us for any or all of the following types of information regarding the personal information we have collected about you in the 12 months prior to our receipt of your request:
- Specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which such personal information was collected;
- Categories of personal information that the business sold or disclosed for a business purpose about the consumer;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
Your Right To Request Deletion of Personal Information We Have Collected About You - Upon your request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you, except for situations where the CCPA authorizes us to retain specific information, including when it is necessary for us to provide you with a good or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; or comply with or exercise rights provided by the law. The law also permits us to retain specific information for our exclusively internal use, but only in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to us or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us. We will act on your deletion request within the timeframes set forth below.
Your Right to Ask Us Not to Sell Personal Information We Have Collected About You - You can direct us not to sell your personal information by submitting an opt-out request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-685-2020. We will act on your request within the timeframes set forth below.
Exercising Your Rights and How We Will Respond - To exercise any of the rights above contact us at email@example.com or 1-888-685-2020. For requests for access or deletion, we will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days of receipt of your request. We will provide a substantive response to your request as soon as we can, generally within 45 days from when we receive your request, although we may be allowed to take longer to process your request under certain circumstances. For requests to stop the sale of your personal information, we will comply no later than 15 business days after receipt of your request. If we expect your request is going to take us longer than normal to fulfill, we will let you know.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information in certain situations. In some cases, the law may allow us to refuse to act on certain requests. When this is the case, we will endeavor to provide you with an explanation as to why.
Our Commitment to Allowing You to Exercise Your Rights - Non-Discrimination: If you exercise any of the rights explained in this policy, we will continue to treat you fairly. If you exercise your rights under this policy, you will not be denied or charged different prices or rates for goods or services, or provided a different level or quality of goods or services than others.
Verification of Identity – Access or Deletion Requests: We will ask you for identifying information and attempt to match it to information that we maintain about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to your request. We will notify you to explain the basis of the denial.
Authorized Agents - You may designate an agent to submit requests on your behalf. The agent must be a natural person or a business entity that is registered with the California Secretary of State. If you would like to designate an agent to act on your behalf, you and the agent will need to comply with our verification process:
- Requests to Know or Delete Personal Information: If the agent submits requests to access, know or delete your personal information, the agent will need to provide us with your signed permission indicating the agent has been authorized to submit the request on your behalf. We will also require that you verify your identity directly with us or confirm with us that you provided the agent with permission to submit the request.
- Requests to Opt Out of Sale: If the agent submits a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information, the agent will need to provide us with your signed permission indicating the agent has been authorized to submit the opt-out request on your behalf.
Please note that this subsection does not apply when an agent is authorized to act on your behalf pursuant to a valid power of attorney. Any such requests will be processed in accordance with California law pertaining to powers of attorney.
California Do Not Track - Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browsers’ do not track signals.